03 June 2008

NEW!! Diamond-shaped Shreddies!!!


I thought this was a joke when I saw it blogged in J-Walk today, but I went to the product's link, and it appears to have been created by Kraft (Canada). What it appears to be is not a spoof, but a new advertising gimmick for an old product, and done in a humorous (essentially self-parodying) fashion. The commentary at J-Walk appears to be dismissive, but I think this is quite well done.

Especially if you look at one of their videos - in this one the tongue-in-cheek humor is pervasive (I don't know if the "interviewees" are real people or actors). My Aussie visitors will be bemused to hear the cereal compared to a kangaroo:


Perhaps one of my Canadian visitors can tell me whether the product itself exists, or whether it is just an advertising gimmick for the conventional Shreddies.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I live in canada and i've seen it on oneof those advertisement boards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do exist, i tried them and they taste much better in the diamond shape :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...